For all equines susceptible to,
or recovering from,
the effects of laminitis.
How to Feed
- Simply mix with your horse or pony’s normal feed.
- 1 measure = 100gms. A measure is included in the pack.
Form & Pack Sizes
Very Digestible 3mm Pellets
Available in Recyclable
10% Oils & Fats
9000mg/kg Omega 3 Fats
Hemp Seed Meal
Micronized (Sugar) Beet Pulp
15% Calcareous Marine Shells (Natural Buffer)
4.5% Vegetable Oils & Fats (Oatinol)
2% Microscopic Toxin Binder
2% Yeast & Oat Oligosaccharides
0.5% Collagen Matrix
Binders/Anti-Caking Agents (/kg)
4gms E516 Calcium Sulphate
400gm 3a831 Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine Hydrochloride)
3000mcg Vitamin B12 (Cyanocobalamin)
24mg Folic Acid
800mg E302 Vitamin C (Calcium Ascorbate)
Trace Elements (/kg)
50mg E5 Manganese (Chelate of Glycine)
Quality Assurance / Storage Advice & Additional Information
This product is manufactured to Universal Feed Assurance Scheme (UFAS) standard.
This product should be stored in a cool, dry area away from direct sunlight.
X-Lam Aid for Horses is a high specification complementary feed supplement for all horses and ponies; providing comprehensive nutritional support for all equines susceptible to, or recovering from, the effects of laminitis.
When should I feed X-Lam Aid to my horse or pony?
X-Lam Aid should be fed to horses and ponies that are susceptible to, or recovering from, laminitis.
What are the key benefits of feeding X-Lam Aid?
- Approved by specialist equine veterinary practices.
- Maintains the integrity of the basal membrane and all connective tissues.
- Helps maintain stable digestion in the hindgut by supporting a high population of beneficial bacteria.
- Helps maintain normal, healthy blood flow to all areas of the body, including the mucosal lining of the gut wall and the extremities of the hooves.
- Supports the normal anti-inflammatory actions of the body.
- Aids the natural expulsion of antagonists found in both feed and the environment.
- Contains 11 active nutraceuticals, including high levels of Omega 3 to support optimum health and performance.
- Contains the unique Oatinol Delivery System to maintain a healthy digestive tract and a high rate of absorption of essential nutricines,
- Vitamins and trace elements.
- Wheat gluten free.
- A 100% Non GM, soya free formulation.
- Manufactured as very palatable and easily digested 3mm pellets; perfect for mixing with the horse’s normal feed.
- Quick and easy to feed.
Contains 13 Active Nutraceuticals
Nutraceuticals are nutritional substances that provide additional health benefits. Through the addition of the following nutraceuticals, Joint Aid Plus provides a complementary support for all horses and ponies.
1 – Collagen Matrix
Collagen is the body’s natural glue that is crucial for all connective tissue, including the base membrane of the hoof. Collagen is essential for the integrity of tendons and ligaments and particularly the anchoring points where they are attached to structures like bones and hooves.
2 – Curcumin
Curcumin is the active ingredient of the spice, turmeric. It is a natural and powerful antioxidant and supports the normal anti-inflammatory action of the body.
3 – Hemp Oil Derived Omega 3 Fatty Acids
Hemp Oil is probably the best source of Omega 3 fatty acids found in the plant world. This unique combination enables the animal to produce other essential Omega 3 fats called EPA & DHA, both of which are normally only found in fish oils and are crucial for maintaining the natural anti-inflammatory action of the body.
4 – Microscopic Toxin Binder
A blend of microscopic absorbent compounds that aid the natural expulsion of antagonists found in feed and the environment.
5 – Natural Buffering Material
Natural buffering material helps support stable, beneficial digestion in the hindgut by providing a neutral environment for friendly bacteria that can be susceptible to acidic conditions. The pH in the digestive tract can be lowered by sugar overload, so restricting grass and providing natural acid buffering, aids micro flora and gut wall integrity.
6 – Oligosaccharides
Oligosaccharides from yeast cell wall and concentrated oat bran sources that help support natural expulsion of antagonists in the digestive tract and maintain a high level of natural immunity.
7 – Vitamin B Complex
B vitamins are essential for maintaining normal, healthy blood flow to all areas of the body, including the mucosal lining of the gut wall and the extremities of the hooves. Blood flow is essential for the supply of active ingredients to maintain normal gut barrier defences and hoof integrity.
The Unique Oatinol Delivery System
Oatinol is a natural high quality oil based concept developed by and unique to GWF Nutrition. When incorporated into the feed it supplies four active nutraceuticals to:
- Maintain gut cell integrity.
- Maintain the lining of the gut.
- Support the immune system.
- Aid the absorption of active ingredients, vitamins and trace elements.
8 – Galactolipid Natural Emulsifiers
Galactolipids are a combination of sugar and fat molecules that create the perfect medium for the absorption of active ingredients across the gut wall.
9 – Natural Tocotrienol Antioxidants
Tocotrienol antioxidants are a natural form of vitamin E. They are 40-60 times more readily available than other forms of vitamin E and help to maintain the integrity of the cells forming the lining of the gut to aid absorption.
10 – Oat Derived Beta Glucans
Beta Glucans have prebiotic properties that support beneficial bacteria in the gut to promote healthy absorption.
11 – Phospholipids
Phospholipids have emulsifying properties and have been shown to actively influence nutrient digestibility and absorption.